Other health benefits of coconut oil include the following:
- Protect and restore joint function
- Safeguard against bacterial, fungal, viral,and parasitic infections
- Boost immune function
- Balance intestinal flora
- Improve skin tone and appearance
- Avert cardiovascular disease (heart attack, high blood pressure, stroke)
- Improve blood sugar control
- Prevent and treat Crohn’s disease
- Boost HDL (good) cholesterol
- Prevent and treat degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS)
- Improve thyroid function
- Improve digestive function
- Lose excess body fat
- Improve brain health and mental clarity
- Prevent cancer
- Boost energy levels
Cleanse Detox: How to
If you’ve never used coconut oil before, it’s advisable to allow your body some time to adjust to it. This can be done by slowly incorporating the oil into your diet before trying the detox treatment.
Start with half to one teaspoon, 3 times a day, and gradually increase it up to 2 tablespoons, 3 times a day. You can commence a coconut oil detox only when you’re comfortable taking this much coconut oil. The adjustment before the detox cleanse may take two weeks.
Coconut oil Cleanse: Method
This treatment takes 3-7 days, during which you’re required to drink 10-14 tablespoons of coconut oil in a day. This translates to taking about two tablespoons at 2-hour intervals all through the day.
Consider blending coconut oil with some plain, organic, unsweetened yogurt if you can’t stand its taste. Likewise, you can incorporate fresh, non-dried coconut meat in the treatment, as it is loaded with fibre and nourishes the gut’s good bacteria.
If you’ve any medical complications, you’re advised to consult your doctor before embarking on coconut oil cleanse.